Ripa Supporter Programme
“Dana” or the practice of generosity
Generosity is one the six perfections or Paramitas. It has a preeminent place in the Buddhist teachings since it helps train the mind in the art and virtue of letting go.
In order to further one’s spiritual practice it helpful and necessary to train the mind to abandon numerous obstructions. In Buddhism, the practice of generosity is believed to help train the mind in a way conducive to attaining enlightenment. Giving serves as a way to eliminate one’s greed and ill-will.
According to the Buddha, the ideal conditions of giving are to give a pure gift, with pure intentions to a pure recipient.
There are many ways to practice generosity and the karmic benefits derived from engaging in generous acts are said to be enormous.
In general, we speak of four types of generosity:
- Giving material aid
- Giving teachings and advice
- Providing protection from fear
- Giving love
Whichever way you feel inspired to share, be it your time, your financial resources, your skills or your love and affection, there will always be a space for it at the Ripa International Center…
How can I collaborate with the Ripa International Center?
If you have visited our Center and felt inspired by its atmosphere and activities, teachings and blessings, you can become part of its development by actively getting involved through a monthly contribution, however small it might be, so that Dharma activities may flourish in the heart of Europe for the benefit of all beings.
Your monthly contribution will go towards:
- Translation committee to translate the precious Terma treasures discovered by the Terton Namkha Drimed Rinpoche.
- Ongoing support of the European referent Lama.
- Sustainable stewardship of the Ripa International Center facilities, such as the household of the Ripa Teachers, administration costs, purchase of ritual objects and new Dharma projects.
- Solidarity fund that enables less privileged students to attend the Center activities and retreats.
- Volunteers’ support.
- Regular information about Sangha activities
- Reduced prices at annual retreats and Ripa programmes (Sangha price)
- Possibility to deduct your regular donation from two RIC retreats per year, or alternatively offer it to a solidarity fund set up to help Sangha members in financial difficulties participate in RIC events and retreats.
Ripa International Center
3172 Niederwangen, Bern,
Phone: +41 (0)31 984 03 55